Monday, March 3, 2014

Geronimo Stilton!!

My daughter is obsessed with a book series by the name Geronimo Stilton, I really don't know how many she has read, but it can easily be over thirty.  If you have never heard of them you should definitely check them out! I love the way the words are in different fonts, and how you can cross reference the facts and most important how funny the stories are!

So for her birthday there was no doubt what type of cake she would request..... Lucky for her, her mother can do it!  At least I can try!

I decided to base it on one of her favorite stories, "All because of a cup of coffee," cover so that I could make the cake more girly. So this is my creation!

I did this face free hand with icing.

The red roses are made out of candy clay, and the yellow circles are sugar sheets simply pressed into the cake to make the holes look more real. This time I skipped coloring the bottom tier and used the wilton's color mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment