Sunday, March 17, 2013

A WWE Cake for my Nephew!!

 He is a HUGE wrestling fan so his mom decided to do a WWE themed birthday. She decided this on Friday and we were having his birthday cake on Sunday! Yikes! And he wanted an Ice-Cream cake too!

I have only worked on ice-cream cakes very few times and the cakes have been decorated very basic..... so what to make that will not require much decorating and is wrestling related???? well the fighting ring of course! EASY as pie!





 I used my 8' pyrex squared pan to shape the ice-cream (rocky road I may add, Birthday boy request) and since I only have one that size I baked the cake in my 9x13 pyrex pan and ones baked and cooled I cut it in half and layered it.  To make the sides I used black sugar sheets and chocolate covered pretzel rods for the poles on the side and just red ribbon for the rope.

HE LOVED IT!!


 It's not my best work in my opinion but the truth is......... all that matters to me is the HUGE smile I get when the birthday person sees their cake! I know then it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment