Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Facebook inspired cake for my Mother-In-Law

We love her but she is a little obsessed with Facebook, so for her birthday there was no doubt I would make her a Facebook inspired cake. I didn't tell her what her cake would look like, I only asked her what flavor she would like.

She wanted a strawberry cake, so I followed ovenloveblog's recipe for the cake, but opted from the cream cheese swiss meringue buttercream.  The buttercream is amazing, just not this time.

This was going to be my first time making a square cake and in fact was a little scared because of what I was reading online about the cake not baking in the center and sometimes burning on the sides.  I decide to go for it anyways.......... I just watched it very carefully. It cake out perfect, no issues!


I wrote, "Comments," "Photo," "Check in," "Message," "News Feed," all around the cake, and of course the famous "Like Button!"

No comments:

Post a Comment