Sunday, September 14, 2014

Prince? or Princess? A Gender Reveal Cake!

I was asked to make a gender reveal cake for a friend, I was so excited!! After all I get to find out before the mommy and daddy to be! 

It is a great privilege to do a gender reveal for someone, but it can also be a little tricky. I was afraid I would make it too girlie or to boyish to give a hint...... so the wheels were turning up into the the time I was frosting. I decided last minute to do just plain pink and blue. 

The only request the mommy-to-be had was that the cake go with her theme, Prince or Princess. I was even more thrilled! I had been dying to try and make a tiara. If you know me, you'd know that I don't really care for fondant work, but they look so cute and kinda easy to make. 





I made the tiara freestyle, no outline. I also mixed gumpaste with Fondant, made drying super fast! I will always do this in the future when needed.  The crown was made out of Fondant, and decorated it with frosting.  I colored the Tiara and Crown with Wilton's color mist, silver.



This cute little side bow is fondant covered in a silver sugar sheet. 


And for the reveal............... I put sixlets (Chocolate covered candy) inside the top cake. I told the mommy-to-be to cute a big slice during the reveal so that the candies could bust out! 

The picture is not the best but I think you get the idea! 




No comments:

Post a Comment