Monday, April 28, 2014

Pull-A-Park cupcake cake with a Luau theme Doll Cake

I received my first pull-a-apart cupcake cake order, I was both excited and a little nervous. I knew I could do it...... well at least in my head I thought, hehehehe. 

I started with the Doll first since I knew she would be extremely easy to make, I simply used the grass tip for the shirt part! 


 I think the "ocean" turned out pretty good, and I added some rolled wafers near the "sand" to give it a cuter look! 

The sand was made out of crushed Nila wafer cookies. I had heard everyone mentioned gram crackers for sand but I thought Nila would give a nice clean color sand, and it did! I also piped her name with icing the same color as the sand to give it a nice touch!


The pretty flowers were all made out of royal icing! I definitely need more practice on my hibiscus flowers though, hehehe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment