Monday, November 25, 2013

Minion Cake (Only Buttercream)

My friends little man wanted a Minion Cake. This one would have been super easy just a flat 9X13 cake but NO I said to myself....."you know what? I have been out of this cake business way too long........ Let's do a upright Minion."  My friend said, "Whatever you want, but did I mention he wanted the Minion to have Arms and Legs?"  Oh boy.....LOL Did I put my foot in my mouth.... arms and legs with out fondant???

Well here is what I came up with...... which by the way was not that easy because all the Minion cakes I have seen are made with fondant something you all know I am not a fan of.


5 comments:

  1. So creative and yes I don't really like fondant and I didn't know if I could just do it with butter cream but I can see It can be done so o hope I can do it for my daughter's 2 b-day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes it can! Hope your turns out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat.....I hate fondant and decided "I can do it with frosting" attitude.....we'll see. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL as you can see it can be done!! Good luck!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete